Home 2018 October Principal’s Pen | Term 4, Arts, Parent Survey…

Principal’s Pen | Term 4, Arts, Parent Survey…

anderson-lynne-outdoor

Dear Parents and Families,

Welcome back to Term 4! As I write this I’ve just returned from my morning wander around the verandahs and classrooms. As always, I was overwhelmed by the friendliness and enthusiasm of all of our students. Once again it reminded me of how lucky I am to be a part of this wonderful learning community. I’m really looking forward to another successful and enjoyable term here at Goollelal, collaborating with you all to continue making Goollelal a great school for all our students.

As always, Term 4 is a fantastic term which will include our Year 6 Graduation activities, classroom excursions, Edu Dance, Kindy 2019 Orientation Day, Outdoor Classroom Day and two special assemblies to celebrate both Science and Instrumental Music. Behind the scenes we are also busily planning for 2019. This involves looking at both curriculum, structural and financial aspects of the school’s operations. One area we are looking at is the Arts. Following the success of our Visual Arts programme this year, we are intending to continue and expand our Arts programme in 2019. There will be more news about this later in the term.

On Monday, our teachers had an in depth look at our whole school assessments, including PATS (Progressive Achievement Tests for Reading, Maths and Science) and NAPLAN. The information gained will be used to inform our planning and to ensure we continue to look for ways to maintain successful programs and to improve areas of need. These assessments will be discussed at our next Board meeting. Our focus in everything is to ensure we provide the best possible education and care to each and every student.

Parent Survey

Our bi-annual Parent Survey is now open and available for you to complete. We welcome your ideas for improvement and appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey. You can reach the survey by going to the link below:

School Survey 2018

Buildings and Grounds

Over the holidays the exterior surfaces of our Senior Block were rust treated and painted. We have also had more security cameras installed in our Science Block area. These projects are part of the ongoing improvements to our school’s facilities. I’d like to thank everyone for the fundraising projects you contribute to throughout the year as this money is used to subsidise some of the refurbishments that make the school a more inviting and comfortable learning environment.

Lynne

Lynne Anderson | PRINCIPAL