Home 2017 October Principal’s Pen | Public School Review, Outdoor Lessons & Retirement

Principal’s Pen | Public School Review, Outdoor Lessons & Retirement

lynne-principals-pen

Dear Parents and Families,

Welcome back to Term 4! I can’t believe we are approaching the end of the year and I have nearly completed my first year as Principal of Goollelal Primary School. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last three terms and I am looking forward to the many exciting events planned for Term 4. Our Year 6 students will be looking towards graduation and moving on to high school in 2018. I hope they make the most of the last nine weeks of primary school and relish the exciting activities planned for them by Mrs Woodworth and Miss Pallett.

Our teachers started the term in their usual hard working manner on the Staff Development Day. Much of this year has been spent assessing our progress towards the targets in our current Business Plan – you can find this on our school website. This critical review of our performance against targets is an ongoing task and guides school planning for improvement. On Monday, our teachers and members of the School Board attended to listen to a presentation which outlined our school’s self-assessment processes in readiness for an Independent Public School Review in November. During this school review, representatives from the Department of Education Services will be assessing our school’s effectiveness and plans for improvements to student learning.

This week our students and teachers have been making the most of the beautiful weather and have continued to enjoy outdoor lessons. This included our Pre-Primary students observing the weather. I must say I was alarmed when some of the observations included erupting volcanoes!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I would like to officially announce the retirement of Ms Sandy MacDougall. Sandy has worked with the Department of Education for over 30 years, ten of those at Goollelal PS. Sandy has worked tirelessly for the benefit of students throughout her career and I would like to wish her all the best for a happy retirement.

Our next assembly is next Friday and will be hosted by our lovely TA1 students. In the meantime, have a lovely weekend, I look forward to seeing many of you around the school.

Lynne

Lynne Anderson | PRINCIPAL